International Coordinating Committee
The International Coordinating Committee (ICC) was charged in the spring of 2012 to strengthen the support provided by MIT’s administrative offices and functions for MIT international activities. Co-chaired by the Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) Michelle Christy and the Director of the Office of Major Agreements James Morgan, the ICC works closely with the faculty-led International Advisory Committee (IAC), to coordinate international activities. Reporting to Vice President for Research and Associate Provost Claude Canizares and Executive Vice President and Treasurer Israel Ruiz, the ICC plays a critical role in facilitating activities and implementing decisions of the IAC. In collaboration with the IAC, the ICC is charged to:
- Review proposed and existing international activities and provide advice on any unique issues and challenges presented by particular activities, understand MIT’s administrative obligations, and identify required resources.
Facilitate communication, coordination, and information exchange regarding proposed and existing international activities with and among:
- The International Advisory Committee;
- MIT’s administrative areas;
- MIT’s schools and departments, laboratories and centers (DLCs); and
- Faculty, students and staff involved in international activities.
- Assist faculty and senior administration with the development and negotiation of agreements relating to international activities.
- Coordinate and prioritize the demands of proposed and existing international activities on MIT’s administrative offices and functions.
- Develop and implement a system for the collection of data about MIT’s international activities, and report on such activities internally and externally.
- Articulate and implement policies, guidelines, systems, and processes that enable MIT administrative areas to support MIT’s international activities at a standard of excellence.
- Assist with the development and implementation of learning opportunities for faculty, staff and students involved or interested in international activities.
Members of the International Coordinating Committee
International Advisory Committee Core Team
Michelle D. Christy
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs (Co-Chair)
James L. Morgan
Director, Office of Major Agreements (Co-Chair)
Suzanne L. Glassburn
Counsel, Office of the General Counsel
Michael W. Howard
Vice President for Finance
Magdalene C. Lee
Assistant Director, Office of Major Agreements
Marianna C. Pierce
Director of Policy and Labor Relations, Department of Human Resources
Shawna R. Vogel
Special Projects Manager, Office of Sponsored Programs
The Core Team will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the ICC and providing leadership in accomplishing the duties and responsibilities of the Committee. The full membership of the ICC will include representatives from each school and from selected DLCs that support significant international activities. The Committee will also include representatives of additional administrative offices involved in planning, negotiating, implementing and supporting international activities.