International Coordinating Committee
The International Coordinating Committee (ICC) was charged in the spring of 2012 to strengthen the support provided by MIT’s administrative offices and functions for MIT international activities. Co-chaired by the Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) Michelle Christy and the Director of the Office of Major Agreements James Morgan, the ICC works closely with the faculty-led International Advisory Committee (IAC), to coordinate international activities. Reporting to Vice President for Research and Associate Provost Claude Canizares and Executive Vice President and Treasurer Israel Ruiz, the ICC plays a critical role in facilitating activities and implementing decisions of the IAC. In collaboration with the IAC, the ICC is charged to:
- Review proposed and existing international activities and provide advice on any unique issues and challenges presented by particular activities, understand MIT’s administrative obligations, and identify required resources.
Facilitate communication, coordination, and information exchange regarding proposed and existing international activities with and among:
- The International Advisory Committee;
- MIT’s administrative areas;
- MIT’s schools and departments, laboratories and centers (DLCs); and
- Faculty, students and staff involved in international activities.
- Assist faculty and senior administration with the development and negotiation of agreements relating to international activities.
- Coordinate and prioritize the demands of proposed and existing international activities on MIT’s administrative offices and functions.
- Develop and implement a system for the collection of data about MIT’s international activities, and report on such activities internally and externally.
- Articulate and implement policies, guidelines, systems, and processes that enable MIT administrative areas to support MIT’s international activities at a standard of excellence.
- Assist with the development and implementation of learning opportunities for faculty, staff and students involved or interested in international activities.
ICC participants include representatives from each school and also DLCs that support significant international activities. The committee also includes members from administrative offices involved in planning, negotiating, implementing and supporting international activities. These offices include the Director of International Affairs, Human Resources, the Office of the General Counsel, the Office of Major Agreements, the Office of Sponsored Programs, the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Resource Development.