The MIT Portugal Program (MPP) is pleased to announce its 2022 call for seed grant proposals from MIT Principal Investigators from any of the Institute’s schools, departments, laboratories, or centers. The call is open now through April 4, 2022.
The MIT Portugal Program (MPP) is a strategic international partnership between MIT, Portuguese universities and research institutions, the Portuguese government, as well as partners from industry and other non-academic institutions, with the goal to foster collaborative research between the parties. The seed grants are designed to seed and support idea generation for MIT faculty on topics that are of mutual interest to both MIT and Portugal and that would promote collaboration between both.
For the 2022 Call for Proposals, the MIT Portugal Program encourages both:
- New applications for innovative projects in one of the below four research areas, and
- Renewal applications to allow for the continuation of research projects, with an active Portuguese collaborator, that were funded in a previous round of MIT Portugal Program seed grants and which grants have not yet expired.
Interested researchers are particularly encouraged to submit proposals in the following 4 research areas although other areas with benefit to the Portuguese people will also be considered:
- Climate Science & Climate Change
- Earth Systems: Oceans to Near Space
- Digital Transformation in Manufacturing
- Sustainable Cities
For more information and how to apply, visit.