The MIT Portugal Program (MPP) is pleased to announce its 2023 call for seed grant proposals from MIT Principal Investigators from any of the Institute’s schools, departments, laboratories, or centers. The call is open now through April 3, 2023.
For the 2023 call, the MIT Portugal Program is seeking innovative proposals in the following 4 research areas although other areas with benefit to the Portuguese people will also be considered:
- Climate Science & Climate Change
- Earth Systems: Oceans to Near Space
- Digital Transformation in Manufacturing
- Sustainable Cities
For the 2023 call, the MIT Portugal Program encourages both:
- New applications for innovative projects in one of the above mentioned research areas, and
- Renewal applications to allow for the continuation of research projects, with an active Portuguese collaborator, that were funded in 2022 and which grants have not yet expired.
The total funding per project is up to $100,000 for a 15-month period. Proposals with a higher budget will be considered with appropriate justification. A completed proposal and budget template should be submitted by April 3, 2023. For more information and how to apply, visit MIT Funding.